Location: Cupertino, California
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Established Renewable Fuels Company based in Northern California seeks a Contracts Administrator to manage the drafting, revision, organization and compliance alerts related to business in the energy transition industry. Report directly to chief financial officer with regular interaction with executive management, plant management, construction management, sales and trading, finance and legal. Preferred experience in legal contract review and organization. Competitive salary with benefits based on experience. Please reply to Denise Contreras at [email protected].
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Contracts Administrator will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will be directly responsible for analyzing and interpreting a wide range of documentation. The contract administrator will coordinate contract terms and conditions between various internal parties. You will maintain files for contracts containing original contracts, relevant correspondence, amendments, clarifications, payment schedules and all insurance requirements. You will clarify the terms of key contracts with staff and executives, as well as monitor compliance with these contracts. You will also build data rooms in support of due diligence efforts, and work closely with the accounting group to create and maintain policy documentation, as needed.
To succeed in this role you need to detect errors and inconsistencies in contracts, manage company organization of contracts, monitor compliance with key provisions in contracts and have solid knowledge of laws pertaining to specific contracts. Ideal candidates are detail-oriented, organized, accountable and are proficient multitaskers with outstanding communication skills.
- Liaising with all levels of the company to analyze and determine a comprehensive contract strategy;
- Designing standardized language and guidelines for contracts;
- Work closely with Insurance broker to manage insurance programs and processes
- Reviewing contracts for compliance with language guidelines;
- Collaborating with operations, executive team, legal and human resources teams to ensure contracts’ compliance;
- Sharing and clarifying contract processes, conditions and details with management, business partners and employees;
- Obtaining contract-related information from relevant parties;
- Reviewing contracts, verifying accuracy and resolving discrepancies in line with company norms and practices;
- Ensuring relevant documentation accompany contracts and maintaining digital and hard copies of relevant documentation;
- Liaising between parties regarding contract development, and negotiations regarding terms and conditions, and drafting and revising changes as required;
- Identifying potential risks contract changes may pose to company;
- Maintain and ensure all insurance requirements are met and kept updated;
- Other projects as assigned by CFO;
- Based in Cupertino, CA, but may have occasional travel to Central California.
- Proactive attitude and hands on approach to get things done
- Integrity, flexibility and detail orientation with natural curiosity and enthusiasm;
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, mathematics, accounting or economics, master’s degree preferred;
- 2+ years of related experience;
- Proficient knowledge of legal requirements pertaining to relevant contracts;
- Proficient with MS Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Outstanding organizational skills;
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal. -Excellent reading and comprehension skills;
- Proficient ability to detect errors and inconsistencies.