Location: Keyes, California
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Established public Renewable Fuels Company based in Northern California seeks Keyes Plant Controller to manage financial operations, forecasting, analysis and transactional systems related to a $200M per year operating renewable fuels plant. Report directly to Chief Financial Officer with indirect reporting to Plant Manager and regular interaction with Director of Accounting, Treasurer, FP&A Manager and Projects/Analytics Manager. Preferred experience with biofuel/chemical manufacturing and formal financial processes and systems (ERP, internal control, audit, etc.). Prior experience with financial planning and accounting in a heavy manufacturing environment essential. Competitive salary with benefits based on experience. Please reply to Denise Contreras at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Keyes Plant Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer and provide financial leadership of all financial mandates at an operating renewable fuel plant, including: financial analysis, revenue planning, cost analysis, commodity purchasing, competitive cost comparisons, vendor management, project planning, transactional financial systems (including PTP, OTC, intercompany transactions, recurring journal entries), carbon credit accounting, cash payment escalations, capital project tracking and operational metric accumulation. This position will manage staff of up to two individuals.
- Manage communications between operations and accounting/finance groups;
- Communicate information to management through qualitative and quantitative reports and discussions;
- Prepare financial forecast using a multi-year outlook, with business-oriented narrative about the environment and its impacts on financial results;
- Provide meaningful analysis on improving plant economics by combining plant metrics with plant finance/accounting data;
- Manage monthly close and financial statement preparation;
- Manage purchase to pay transaction cycle from purchase requisition up to the point of cash payments, then working closely with company Treasurer to arrange cash payments;
- Manage order to cash transaction cycle from order initiation through collections with focus on managing a daily production process that results in a net wire each day for production the prior day along with the supporting monthly/quarterly true-up process;
- Maintain, and recommend changes where necessary, to improve financial processes and internal control system;
- Manage generation and accounting of carbon credit (LCFS and RIN’s) along with the supporting annual audits;
- Manage vendor relationships with a focus on cost reductions and overall cash management;
- Integrate with the Projects/Analytics Manager on the approval, reporting and financial impacts of capital-intensive projects;
- Accumulate and report portions of operational metrics;
- Other projects as assigned by CFO;
- Based in Keyes, CA.
Along with the above mentioned, this position will provide ad-hoc analytical and have regular exposure to CEO and North America President.
- Proactive attitude and hands on approach to get things done;
- Integrity, flexibility and detail orientation with natural curiosity and enthusiasm;
- Experience in a renewable fuels or chemical manufacturing environment preferred;
- Competency with Microsoft O365 suite, including Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects effectively
- Able to communicate effectively orally and through writing
- Experience with Blackline and Microsoft Dynamics – Finance and Operations, preferred
- BS in accounting or Finance along with at least 7 years of relevant work experience
- Public accounting experience and CPA preferred